Monday, August 15, 2011

Taking steps to get this damn army done!

So I sit back and look at my hobby table all the time... and just think... I dont want to paint another 70 effin marines. Hell man, I'm having a hard time painting one. lol... But that is how many marines I have waiting to be painted... Over 70... and thats not counting my Land Raider, 2 Preds and 4 Rhinos. I see that and it makes me puke a lil in my mouth.

The newness of the army and playing it is gone. I dont know if you know what I mean, but I can only compare it to a video game. So you buy a new video game and you play the hell outta it... not even beating it, just play the shit outta it for like a week. Like NCAA 12... played the hell outta Michigan and building a crap school into something good... and I havent touched it in forever. That is what happens to me and armies. I get all excited, drop hundreds of dollars... build it all... play some awesome games with it... and then get bored.

So to take steps to finishing my army, I think I am going to repaint even the 20+ I have done and come up with a much faster and easier paint scheme. Something with a base coat that I dont have to mix three different paints for with a heavy wash and a dry brushing. I dont normally dry brush things and perhaps that will help me become a better dry brusher.

Anyone have any ideas on a quick paint scheme? I like the idea of a more blueish color, but I'm also leaning towards a dirty grey... maybe a lighter grey with a black wash? Anything that will look decent, really. haha

Take care!

1 comment:

  1. If you've got 20 painted already, I'd suggest you save repainting those for last and do the other 70 first ;) I can help you come up with some color scheme ideas on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete