Monday, February 11, 2013

Kane and Masreal

The two stalked the hallways of the Space Station. One preying on the cries of the innocent, one taking pleasure killing the peasants following the False Emperor. They moved through the corridors entering room after room bringing their form of justice upon those that deserved it. They had just cleared an entire barricade filled with guardsmen.
Kane stopped, looked over the dead bodies and down the next long hallway. Many humans were running from door to door or away from the oncoming wrath. "We are moving into the final quadrant of level fifteen, Warsmith. The smart ones are being driven to the cages. The rest have been cleared.' Kane did not wait for a response and looked at Masreal. "Their fear is intoxicating."
Kane was a former member of the VIII Legion left for dead and found by the Warsmith leading to the joining of the Sons of Iron. He stood in Midnight Clad and with a ceremonial helm. It was said that he told Warlord Prillis "I have knelt before my father in these colors. I have walked upon Terra during the Great Betrayal in these colors. I will fight for you, but I will forever be dressed in Midnight Clad." Other members of the VIII Legion had joined the Sons of Iron at different times, but Kane was the only one to keep his loyalty to the VIII Legion.
Masreal nodded and checked his bolt pistols. "Your addiction to their fear has always puzzled me, but perhaps that is why we work well together. I love to make them suffer."
"Yes. It is odd that we work well together. I've told you many times that my brothers would have murdered you simply because of your Legion." Kane began walking down the hallway, turned back to Masreal, gave him a side nod to have him follow and walked again down the hall.
Masreal holstered his pistols, unlocked his long Relic Blade and began walking down the hall after Kane "And I told you, I was watching over my home at the times of those battles with your Legion."
"My true brothers wouldn't care, Masreal. They would kill you as slow as possible and make trophies from your body parts. It would be an orcestra of pain. I would not be able to stop them."
They both stopped and it was Masreal's turn to clear this room. He stood at the ready and entered. A few screams and many thuds came from the room. Kane titled his head up with his eyes closed smelling the air through his vents. The sounds of screams and fear filled him with pleasure. Masreal then stepped from the room, blood still sizzling on the power field of his sword. "The other members of the VIII Legion haven't tried anything."
"Perhaps they were not around during the Great Betrayal or prehaps they do not know your origins or why you wear those colors."
They both stopped near the next door, Kane poised to enter. He opened the door and shut off the light inside. His sillouette was all the occupants could see against the light of the hallway. Kane let out a low chuckle, took a step inside and the screams started. Masreal moved to the door and watched. "The rumors of my past deeds have been spread through the warband. I'm sure they have heard them."
"I'm busy." Kane grunted.
"You are correct though, they may not know the colors. They may think I am a son of Corax."
"I said I am busy." The anger in Kane's voice was audible.
"I am a true Angel of Death. Perhaps I should let everyone know. Not just have it be whispered in rumors."
Kane came walking out of the room and shoved his gladius in Masreal's face. "You ruined that room. I get the next.' Masreal nodded in agreement and they started walking to the next closed door.
"I think rumors are best." Masreal said as he brought up his Relic Blade.
"You better put that sword away and keep your mouth shut this time." Kane tried to open the door and it wouldn't budge. He turned his head back to Masreal. "Your mouth has kept you from the best kills." Kane kicked in the door and the screams began.
"It is my curse. I have been kept from all the great battles of my Legion. Honor was kept from me. That is why I stay with the Sons of Iron you know. We seem to find battles quite often. Wouldn't you agree?" Masreal smiled behind his helmet.
"Shut your mouth, Dark Angel, or I will make it so you never talk again.' Kane emerged from the room several minutes later, his gladius dripping with blood. He pointed the weapon at Masreal. "You came close to death."
Masreal laughed. "If history is any indication of the outcome of a fight between the First and Eighth, you shouldn't start one."
"True. But we do not fight in the past, cousin." Kane used the gladius to wave Masreal to follow. "This is the last in this quadrant."
Masreal moved to the front of the door, unlocked his Relic Blade and looked at Kane. "What are our duties after this is cleared?"
"The Warsmith hasn't given any orders."
"Perhaps the Warlord will want to keep this wreck and we will get to fight against some real opponents." Kane shrugged and Masreal entered the room. There were not many screams and several minutes later Masreal was in the doorway, Relic Blade maglocked and a small childs decapitated head being held by the hair in his left hand. Blood still dripping from it's jagged neck.
Kane tilted his head and looked at Masreal's hand. "We weren't supposed to kill the children. They were to be taken back and raised as slaves."
Masreal raised the head up until it was looking at him face to face. He then flung it over his shoulder back into the room. "Did you let any live?" He asked as he moved past Kane moving on into another corridor.
Kane smiled under his helmet. "No. No I didn't." He said as he fell in line with his fellow Son of Iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment